THE CHILDREN’S LEGACY PLAN
With this planning, we can assure as much as possible that your minor children will never spend a minute in foster care. You will provide detailed instructions regarding every phase of your children’s lives to the people that will be caring for your children. Using a unique combination of legal and non-legal documents, you can provide for the short-term, temporary care of your children if you become incapacitated or die, as well as provide for the long-term care of your children until they reach adulthood.
The Children’s Legacy Plan includes the following legal and non-legal documents:
1. Designation of Temporary Caretakers for your minor children (designed to assure, as much as possible that your children stay out of foster care if something happens to you.);
2. Nomination of Permanent Guardians for your minor children (nominates those persons you would wish to care for and raise your children if something happens to you);
3. Confidential Exclusion of Guardians (confidentially identifies those persons in your life that you would not want to care for and raise your children, in a form that can be provided to the Probate Court judge if it becomes an issue);
4. Medical Power of Attorney for your minor children (naming those persons who are authorized to make health care decisions for your minor children if you are unavailable to do so yourself)
5. Instructions for your children’s caregivers and guardians.
I am as close as your telephone, fax, or e-mail, when it comes to scheduling a free one-hour initial consultation. I am generally available during office hours, and usually can return after-hours calls, faxes and emails by the next business day.
Attorney Robert P. Bergman, Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, assists families in the San Francisco Bay Area with Estate Planning, Special Needs Planning for children and adults, special planning for retirement plan assets, and trust administration.
Google plus profile Google+ business page